Drilling starch is non-ionic corn, tapioca and potato-based polymers for use in all water-based drilling, completion and stimulation fluids. Drilling starch is extensively used as an additive to prevent the seepage of soil filtrates into the wells in all types of water based drilling fluid systems by increasing the viscosity of the drilling mud and reducing the fluid loss by sealing the walls of the Borehole. High quality biocide added to resist against bacterial and enzymatic degradation.
- Drilling Starch is extensively used in oil well drilling to reduce the fluid loss.
- Effective in a wide range of make-up water, including high hardness and high salinity brines.
- Oil Well Drilling Starch is used to stabilize rheology and to reduce the filter cake permeability.
- Oil Well Drilling Starch helps to keep drill bit cool and lubricate, remove the rock fragments or drill cuttings from the drilling area and transport them to the surface.
- Oil Well Drilling Starch provides well bore stability through filtration control.